Sunday, July 3, 2016

[Review] My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask

Price: RM1.49 per sheet 
(After a lot of coupon discounts. RM44.70/30) 
Verdict: 7/10 
Repurchase: Maybe, but not anytime soon. 

Price 

Picture from Yesstyle.com
I bought this from a store that was clearing out the last of his stock on 11street. That said, the store is no longer selling anything. I bought 3 because that was the threshold needed to reach free shipping and it needed to be the same product for it to stack. I managed to use a shit-load of coupons, as you can see, so each mask ended up being RM1.49, which is just ridiculously cheap. 

There are 10 masks per box and I ended up with 30 masks total. 

Purchased from: A store that's no longer active on 11street.my :( I should've bought more stuff from them before they closed. 
Samples: None. 
Delivery Time: 2 weeks 

Fit & Texture 


The package is individually wrapped and soaked with essence. There were a few drops leftover so I just dripped it over the mask while it was already on my face. The mask itself was fairly thick compared to the My Scheming Masks that I've tried. The texture is comfortable, however, and did not feel too heavy. 

It has a sweet strawberry milk scent that was not too overwhelming and went away after a little while. As for fit, it didn't really manage to cover my entire face. The folds also seem to have a problem adhering to my face or even adhering on each other. Nevertheless, I enjoyed having it on for ~30 minutes. 

Ingredients 


Purified Water, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, 1,3 Butylene Glycol, Triethanol amine, Tween 20, Yogurt, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Algae, Malva sylvestris, Arctostaphylos uva ursi, Saccharum officinarum, Acer Saccharum, Citrus medica Limonum, Vaccinium myrtillus, Styrene/acrylates copolymer, Dimethylsilanol hyaluronate, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Carbomer, Polyglutamic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Fragariavria vesca Fruit Extract, Citrus Anrantium Dulcis Fruit Extract Sheet Mask 

It has Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, and sodium lactate, which some people may be allergic to. In addition, the preservative and antimicrobial used is iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, which may cause sensitivity.

Performance 


My Beauty Diary Strawberry Yogurt Mask claims to whiten and refine skin as well as control excessive sebum secretion. It's suitable for normal skin and combination skin. Unfortunately, I didn't notice a significant whitening effect but it did help with sebum secretion. I have already finished a box of this mask (with the help of my mom and sister) and the after-effects of the masks just wasn't significant enough for me to feel like taking an after-picture was warranted. 

While I preferred the thinner texture of My Scheming masks, I enjoyed the Strawberry Yogurt Masks a good deal. It had ample amount of essence in the mask and after taking it off, my skin felt hydrated. It was, however, a little sticky. Not uncomfortably so, but still sticky. Thankfully, the stickiness went away after a little while. 

Did it do what it promised? Somewhat, I suppose. It had a mild whitening effect and was calming to have on. I suppose after about 10 of these mask, I was a bit tired of it but the mask just wasn't so impressive to begin with. 

The main function of the mask, balancing and oil control, was achieved though, so I'm giving it a reasonable 7 out of 10. I wouldn't be repurchasing this anytime soon since I still have about 18 to go through. 

Price: RM1.49 per sheet 
Verdict: 7/10 
Repurchase: Maybe, but not anytime soon. 

ps: I am also on Reddit and /r/asianbeauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment