Saturday, July 16, 2016

[Review] Choonee Water Lip Tint Balm Cherry, Peach, Grapefruit

Price: $5.83 (~RM23) per lip balm
(sponsored product from BB Cosmetic. Use coupon: C10T190S3 for 10% off) 
Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Cherry and Peach, not the Grapefruit

Price & Shop


I received these as sponsored products from BB Cosmetic but all thoughts are my own, as usual. It's sold for $6.48 for the Peach, Grapefruit, & Cherry but with a 10% off code (C10T190S3), the price goes down to $5.83.  

When BB Cosmetic asked me what I wanted from their store to review, I asked for them to suggest new brands from Korea and they sent me three ChooNee Water Lip Tint Balms! They also sent me some Choonee masks, which I will be reviewing shortly. 

Store: BB Cosmetic
Samples: A lot, as always. <3 

ChooNee's Story


The ChooNee brand is new in Korea and has an interesting and cute backstory. Apparently it's the tale of a young lady who came to Seoul from the countryside and couldn't fit in because of her less-than-refined look. Then, she was re-born with beautiful and lovely looks by using cosmetics made with the best ingredients. Following that transformation, she changed her name from ChunHee to ChooNee. The secret to her beauty? The new ChooNee products! Tada!

It's a silly story, but I kinda like it. 


Packaging and First Impression


The tint balms are pretty adorable, to be honest. I don't have much experiences with colored lip balm but I'm loving these. Truly and honestly. 

The covers convey exactly what color the lip balms are. It's encased in plastic casing that is easy to use. Solid, but easily openable with just one hand. I tried. 

Ingredients & Directions


ChooNee Water Lip Tint Cherry: Mineral oil, ceresin, petolatum, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/stearyl/behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethiocone, Microcrystalline,Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, PropylParaben, Vitis, Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, simmondsia, chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, fragrance, red 28 lake (CI45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red 6 (Cl 15850), Red 7(Cl 15850:1) Red 27(Cl 45410:1). 

Cosdna shows Jojoba Seed Oil and Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil as a possible acne trigger and irritant and Propylparaben on a 7 safety scale. Mineral oil is known to caused clogged pores and acne for some, so proceed at your own risk. 

ChooNee Water Lip Tint Grapefruit: Mineral oil, ceresin, petolatum, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/stearyl/behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethiocone, Microcrystalline,Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, PropylParaben, Vitis, Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, fragrance, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 27 (Cl 45410:1), Red 28 Lake (CL 45410).

Cosdna shows the Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil as an acne trigger and irritant. This also has Mineral oil and jojoba seed oil. Also, Titanium Dioxide is a pigment sunscreen, which is odd but great!

ChooNee Water Lip Tint Peach: Mineral oil, ceresin, petolatum, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/stearyl/behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethiocone, Microcrystalline,Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, PropylParaben, Vitis, Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, simmondsia, chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 28 Lake (CL24210), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 45410), Red 6 (C1 15850), Red 27 (Cl 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (C1 15985). 

The ingredients for this isn't all that different from the other two lip tints and cosdna beings up the same warnings. 


Texture and Fragrance

I love the texture of the Choonee Water Lip Tint Balm. It's smooth and comfortable and doesn't really create a film over your lips like some lip tints do. Because these are lip balms, they feel good as well as look good. Love love love! The color doesn't look that impressive here because the intructions calls for reapplications that helps keep your lips hydrated and also makes the color more vivid! The more you reapply the lip balm, the more colorful your lips would be. I applied this once in the morning and my lips were hydrated throughout the entire day so I didn't need to reapply at all though. At least, not for the sake of keeping my lips hydrated.

As for fragrance, I'm sitting here inhaling the fragrance of the peach lip balm because delicious. The cherry also smells great. The grapefruit, not so much. The grapefruit smelled like how most lip balms smelled... or maybe it smelled like grapefruit. I don't like grapefruit so that probably has somethign to do with it.

Performance


The diagram from choonee.co.kr shows how reapplication turns the color gets more and more vivid. I've only done the first application and I think the color is already pretty noticable. Even so, it was so comfortable to have these on that I literally forgot I was wearing them. By the time they dried and it was time to put on the second application, I had already moved on to other things.

On the other hand, the staying power of these things are spectacular. I applied them in the morning and by the evening, when I saw my lips, I was surprised at why my lips were so colorful. And then I remembered some time in the morning I decided to put lip balm on. Did I mention how comfortable they were to have on?

Here's how the Choonee Water Lip Tint Balms look on my lips. I like how all of them looked even though I'm not so sure I can pull off orange lips. My skin tone is already orangy so having orange lips isn't really flattering.

Remember how much I loved the Berrisom peel off lip tint? That was a little drying and the only way to fix that was apply lip balm. This. This is the lip balm I can apply on top of that lip tint. I could mix colors! I'm giddy just thinking about it.

Pros & Cons

Pros:

  • It's a lip tint that's also a lip balm
  • Moisty and soft texture, so no stickness or caking despite reapplication 
  • Fruity color melts on the lips and the cherry and peach smells amazing (doesn't taste too bad too. ><) 
  • The color mixes well with others, so these three colors can be mixed around!


Cons: 

  • I don't like how the grapefruit smells, but that's just a personal preference and I'm not going to take off points for that since I love everything else about it so much. 



Price: $5.83 (~RM23) per lip balm
(sponsored product from BB Cosmetic. Use coupon: C10T190S3 for 10% off) 
Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Cherry and Peach, not the Grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment