Friday, July 15, 2016

[Review] Cosrx Blackhead Silk FingerBall

Price: $3.86 (~RM15)
(sponsored product from BB Cosmetic. Use coupon: C10T190S3 for 10% off)
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Eventually maybe.

Price & Shop


I received this as a sponsored product from BB Cosmetic but all thoughts are my own, as usual. It's sold for $4.29 here on BB Cosmetic but with a 10% off code, you can get it for $3.86, which is the cheapest price I've seen anywhere (with free shipping). Jolse sells it for $4.00 and I've seen it on 11street for $20... which is just ridiculous. Also, have I mentioned how many samples BB Cosmetic sends with each purchase? It's ridiculous. they basically give away two foundation puffs and two foil samples. 

$3.86 for 12 silk cocoons means $0.32 per cocoon, which is really reasonable considering it's reusable 2-3 times!

Store: BB Cosmetic
Samples: BB Cosmetic sends lots of samples. Legit. A Lot. Even with small purchases.


Packaging and First Impression

Cosrx packaging is very bare-bone and no-nonsense. Usually this annoys me, but they way they do it is very clean and medical. I always feel like I'm undertaking an honest-to-god skin transformation that's prescribed by a legit dermatologist whenever I use one of their products. 

The twelve cosrx silk balls are packaged in a semi-transparent bag. Inside the bag, the balls (hehe, balls) are packed in another transparent bag. It'll all feels very clean and sterile. 

Ingredients & Directions


These finger balls are made of 100% natural silk, which isn't much to be worried about. Unless you're like... allergic to silk... or something... These are made from silk casings harvest from silkworms and contain Sericin protein. The smooth texture helps to remove blackhead and dead skin cells. It's good for sensitive skin types and the shape provides the perfect peeling effect. It can be reused 2-3 times. 

The instructions says to soak this in warm water for 3-5 minutes or until the're slightly softened. Then, slot a couple of cocoons onto your index finger and rub in gentle circular motions on congested pores. Rinse well after use, then let them dry naturally. 

Texture and Fragrance

This didn't smell of anything, which is nice and the texture is a bit rough. They fit perfectly inside my fingertips.


Performance


I'm really glad BB Cosmetic sent me these to review because I've been very curious about them since I've first seen them. They seem so... unnecessary, for lack of a better word. I felt like they're just an additional step that I would put off until forever, which is exactly what happened. I put this off until guilt finally caught up with me.

After soaking it in the water for... 10 minutes while I took a shower, they were definitely softer. I rubbed this in circular motions over the edge of my nose and a little on my forehead.

The before and after pictures of the silk cocoons aren't all that impressive, to be honest, but if you squint really hard, you could almost see how the cocoons are slightly yellower afterwards. They feel like they're exfoliating my skin, but because I had been using clay masks as well as BHA & AHA for a few months, I didn't have as much blackheads as before.

From the pictures, I realize I needed a better camera. You can't realy see it, but it did help exofoliate dead skin around the harder to reach corners around my nose. I don't think it's 100% effective in removing dead skin cells and blackheads though. Clay masks and wash off masks are probably more effective for that.

Pros

  • It's reasonably priced at $0.32 per cocoon and you get a few uses out of one. 
  • Exfoliates gently.
  • Does not contain any triggering ingredients (it's 100% silk!)

Cons

  • A little troublesome (-1)
  • Not 100% effective in removing dead skin cells and blackheads. (-1)

Price: $3.86 (~RM15)
(sponsored product from BB Cosmetic. Use coupon: C10T190S3 for 10% off)
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Eventually maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment