Tuesday, July 5, 2016

[Review] Elizavecca Green Piggy Collagen Jella Pack Pig Mask

Price: RM23.00
Verdict: 7/10
Repurchase: Not for me, but HG for my sister

Picture from Althea Malaysia
I was introduced to this product by my darling sister who literally only uses this one thing on her face (I'm getting her to include sunscreen and other more nourishing products). She bought one for AUD10 but I found that Althea sells it cheaper for RM23 so I got a few for myself and a few for when she comes home. I've been using this for a little more than 4 months now. 

It contains 100g of product per container and claims to contain 50,000mg collagen peptide extracted from natural pig skin. So yeah... it's definitely non-halal. 

The purpose of this is to moisturize, brighten, tighten pores, replenish skin, and firm skin. Instead of using this as a wash off mask, we're using this as a sleeping pack.


Packaging and First Look


The tub comes in a box that's bright green and super adorable. The outside of the box comes with a scratch-off label that you can rub off to make sure you've gotten a legit product, which is a nice touch since there seem to be a lot of fakes out there. The plastic tub itself is insulated such that there is a layer between the outer and inner plastic to keep it protected. The screw on top opens up to reveal a second lid along with a spatula to scoop up the product.

I prefer pump bottles for hygenic reasons. Everytime I open up the container, I feel like I'm exposing it to all sorts of dust and germs. Also, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning the spatula so that just means more work for me.

Ingredients & Directions


Ingredients: Hydrolyzed collagen, Water, Dipropylene glycol, PEG-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol/glycerin/polyacrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Theobroma Cacao Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyglutamic Acid, Bacillus/ Soybean Ferment Extract, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

The ingredients are fairly standard with a quick check from cosdna. The only potential trigger is Dimethecone, which scored a low 1 as a potental acne irritant. It does have fragrance though, so if you're sensitive to that, do be careful. 

Texture & Fragrance


This gets it's own heading because the texture of the jella pack is unlike anything I've ever encountered. The shiny brown sheen that it reverts back to no matter how rough I've been with it is pretty amazing. Other than being aesthethically pleasing, I dont' think that serves much of a function though. It probably has to do with the collagen in the product. This sleek texture also means I would have to use a spatula to get it out. 

I was pretty amazed by how this smells, initially. It smells like a sort of fruity bubble tea. I say initially because I've gotten quite sick of the smell. It lingers and clings on my face for a good while afterwards. (-1)

Performance

I use this as a sleeping mask, instead of a wash off mask. When I wake up in the morning, there's still a layer of the mask sitting over my skin. It washes off in the showers wonderfully and leaves my skin hydrated. That said, it also means my skin has difficulty actually absorbing the mask so I feel like I'm wasting product when I'm layering this on as the last step of my routine. 

The stickiness never quite goes away for me, no matter how little product I put on so I'm left looking like I have a sheen on my face. (-1) The Cosrx honey overnight mask absorbs much better but seems to be absorbed so well that I end up using a lot of product.

While it certainly moisturizes, I feel like a lot of my other products are capable of achieving the that level of moisturization as well.There hasn't been any obvious improvements to my complexion after 4 months of use.

I see lots of great reviews for this product so I'm a little disappointed that it's done so little for me. It's good if you're looking for a moisturizing sleeping mask that you have to wash off in the morning, but that's not what I'm looking for. The product is good, but not spectacular and I'm not looking to restock this once I'm out. 

Pros & Cons


Pros
  • Price-wise, it's very cheap. RM23 for 100ml of product will last a good while, especially if used only as a sleeping pack. I still haven't gotten through half of the tub. 
  • Very moisturizing 
  • It's free from a lot of trigering products, which means it's a good product for those with sensitive skin. 

Cons
  • Non-halal 
  • Doesn't really do anything other than hydration (-1)
  • Doesn't absorb well (-1) 
  • Fragrance is a little overwhelming and may be triggering to some (-1)
  • Packaging in a tub is a little unhygenic

Price: RM23.00
Verdict: 6/10
Repurchase: No

2 comments:

  1. Too bad this did not work for you. It was pretty good for me. I use it as a sleeping mask also. Never tried it as a wash off pack. I did not enjoy the scent... hehe

    http://allisoncbl.blogspot.com/2015/07/review-elizavecca-green-piggy-collagen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the scent turned out to be a little too overwhelming for me. It's sad since I loved how it smelled in the beginning. ^^

      Delete