Thursday, July 28, 2016

[Lifestyle] Amazin' Graze, How Sweet The... Nuts?

Price: RM24.9 per box
Shipping: Good!
Repurchase: Discontinued Subscription Box, but will repurchase individual snacks!


Mini Introduction

Last month, I purchased and reviewed a lovely healthy snacking service that offers subscription boxes for RM24.9 per box, Amazin' Graze. Their products are handmade weekly in small batches to keep them fresh. They have a pretty wide variety of snacks to choose from and is basically my desperate attempt to eat less chips and more healthy snacks. It... didn't really work. But now I also eat healthy snacks! Enough about me. Moving on to the box!

PSA: The Surprise Box has since been discontinued, sadly, but the other snacks are still readily available! There's 35 snacks to choose from, all of which looks amazing. 

This Month's Box

If you remember, I mentioned (alright, I complained) about lack of the Hazelnut Blackforest Granola in my last post. The lovely curators of the box read the review and apologized even though it was entirely my own fault. Amy Zheng, the chief executive grazer, explained that it wasn't an option available in the Surprise Me Box but told me she'll add a 50g sample for me in my next box nevertheless! How amazing is that?! They didn't even count it as one of my packages and just stacked it as a nice little bonus.

Here's what came in my package!


This package includes Summer Bowl, Double Espresso, Hazelnut Blackforest Granola, Oatmeal Raisin Muffin and Merry Matcha. I love, love everything about this month's surprise! 

Hazelnut Blackforest Granola really, truly delivered. It's my favorite of everything I've tried in their store so far and I am definitely going to get myself a package (or three) one of these days. It's available here at RM18.90 for 250g. It's dark chocolate granola made with rolled oats, buckwheat and chia seeds. The package has juicy cherries and cranberries as well as cashews and hazelnuts. This thing is divine, I tell you. It's absolutely delicious. It has a light chocolate taste to it that wasn't too overwhelming and isn't bitter at all despite being undeniably dark chocolate. It leaves a pleasant dark chocolate aftertaste in my mouth. The granola was chewy, but not overly so and biting into the cherries and cranberries complements the granola wonderfully. Love. 

I'm not sure how many servings it's supposed to be, or if I'm supposed to be eating this with milk/yogurt, but I finished it in one seating on it's own. No regrets. =< 

Everything else in the package was good, not great, but I doubt anything can beat the Hazelnut Blackforest Granola, which is a good thing for me, since the Blackforest Granola seems to be the only thing I can find in their store. *wipes worried sweat from brows* Yay. 

Amazin' Graze Nut Butters

While checking the site for their newest update, I found out they carried Nut Butters now! They're gluten-free and contain zero trans fat, refined sugar, salt or presevatives. The All Natural ARC Butter, for example, combines almonds, brazil nuts, and cashews. Literally that's it! 33.3% of each of those ingredients are in the nut butter. 

The only downside is that it's a little expensive, at RM29.9 for 180g. I might get one of these for my mom eventually, since she's a huge fan of nut butters. She'll probably finish this in just a few sittings. 

Since the Subcription box is no longer an option, the only 

Pros
  • Healthy snacks delivered to your doorstep
  • Delicious, healthy snacks <3 You've got to try the Hazelnut Blackforest Granola! <3 Love. 


Cons
  • Prices a little on the higher end
  • No free shipping
Verdict: 8/10
Price: 7/10 (Price per item is still a little expensive)
Packaging: 10/10 (I figured out how to be not stupid this time and opened it the right way 'round)
Shipping: 10/10 
Repurchase: Yes 

No comments:

Post a Comment