Monday, June 13, 2016

[Review] My Scheming Mandelic Acid Brightening Mask

Price: RM2.6 per sheet
Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes!

I bought this mask during a Mother's Day Exclusive Sale at 11street. The price of the mask was RM29, but I had a discount code that brought it down to RM25.81. I really shouldn't be buying more masks, but this came highly recommended on reddit and I am but a lowly sheep, eager to follow in the successful chok-chok skin of others.

Purchased From: TW Street on 11street.my
Samples: None
Delivery Time: Acceptable (I believe this took about two weeks?)

This is the first My Scheming mask I've used and I am absolutely and completely in love with it. It fit my face like a glove and felt like a second skin. The entire time I had it on, I didn't feel like tearing at my face, like some other sheet masks I've tried (*coughGuardianmaskscough*).

There's a good amount of essence left, which I smeared all over my face first before applying the mask. The mask is so thin it's almost invisible and didn't freak out my parents like other sheet masks.

When I took it off, my mom said it's as if I still had it on. It was that good. My skin, which had suffered from a stressful 'vacation' that left me with tons of cc's, were soothed and much less inflamed (from my own bad skin-picking). The instant brightening effect was no joke and lasts for a fair bit. Unfortunately, I sheet mask at night so there's only me and my family to appreciate my awesome, brightened skin.


Ingredients (from Amazon):

WATER、PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL、ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER、GLYCERIN、PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL、UREA、JOJOBA WAX PEG-120 ESTERS、TRANEXAMIC ACID、SODIUM HYALURONATE、DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE、XANTHAN GUM、PROPYLENE GLYCOL、PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / SODIUM POLYACRYLATE、PRUNUS SPECIOSA FLOWER EXTRACT、MANDELIC ACID、PRUNUS DOMESTICA FRUIT EXTRACT、NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER EXTRACT、SASA VEITCHII LEAF EXTRACT、LILIUM CANDIDUM BULB EXTRACT、IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE、METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE、FRAGRANCE.

Warning: It has Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), which is a preservative that may be triggering to some. 

Instructions:

Remove protective sheet before placing the mask over a thoroughly-cleansed face. - Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. - Remove the mask and gently massage any excess serum into the skin.

Personally, I left this on for a little more than half an hour before it started drying a little. Even then, when I took it off, there was still a lot of essence left. Enough to slather on my neck and ears.

Verdict: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes! I would marry this mask if I didn't love my SO so much already.

No comments:

Post a Comment