Thursday, June 16, 2016

[Review] My Scheming Aloe Vera + Vitamin E Mask

Price: RM2.08 per sheet
Verdict: 9.5/10
Repurchase: Yes!

Price

Picture from 11street

I bought this from TW Street at 11street.my. Warning: Mini rant ahead. It's part of a 24 mask package called and is being sold under My Scheming Scheming Awards mask into 24 groups. A mouthful, sure, but it explains exactly what you'll be getting, which in this case is 24 My Schming masks. The thing is the price of this fluactutates A LOT. I bought this when it was priced at RM93 but discounted to RM65 and I had a RM15 discount code, which brought the price to RM50 for 24 sheet masks. Literally a day later, the price went down to RM49. If not for the discount code, I would be fuming!

There are ~10 different sheet masks in the box, so there'll be a bunch of reviews coming up shortly. :)
Purchased From: TW Street on 11street.my 
Samples: None 
Delivery Time: Acceptable (About two weeks)

Fit & Texture

Like previous My Scheming Masks I've tried, I love the fit of it. It managed to cover my admittably massive forehead and felt so moisturizing to have on. I threw this in the fridge for half an hour before fitting it on my face so there's an added soothing effect there.

The texture is thin but doesn't dry as quickly as other masks I've tried. The leftover essence on the mask I poured on top of the mask prior to putting it on. The 0.5 deduction from the 10 point was due to the fragile-ness of the sheet mask. I accidentaly tore the mask in the process of getting it on. The material definitely needs some work but I do like how it felt on my skin so maybe I just need to be more gentle.

Ingredients

Picture from 11street
XANTHAN GUM、PROPYLENE GLYCOL、SODIUM HYALURONATE、CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER)FRUIT EXTRACT、BUTYLENE GLYCOL、ALOE BARBADENSIS FLOWER EXTRACT、TOCOPHEROL ACETATE、CETETH-20、CETETH-6、PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL、EUPHRASIA OFFICINALIS、MORUS ALBA LEAF EXTRACT、FAGUS SYLVATICA BUD EXTRACT、CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT、DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHETINATE、SODIUM PCA、TRANEXAMIC ACID、ARBUTIN、HYDROXYETHYL UREA、GLYCERIN、IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE、METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE 、METHYLPARABEN、WATER

Like the My Scheming Mandelic Sheet Mask, this mask contains Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), which may be triggering to some.

It also contains Butylene Glycol, which is known to cause Acne for some.

Sheet Mask Performance


Other than that fragility of the product, everything else was great. I loved having the sheet mask on. I had it on for a little under an hour before it started drying even a little. After taking it off, there was still essence left so I smeared it on my neck, ears, and arms. The essence is absorbed wonderfully and I loved having it on.

After taking it off, I felt like my skin had a nice boost of hydration. My skin soaked up the essence of the mask and it didn't leave me with a sticky sheen. The back of the mask lauds its ability to provide skin with abundant moisture, mends skin, promote metabolism and nourish skin with sufficient nutrients. Vitamin E is an essential element for ante-oxidant which brightens and whitens skin color, providing you with a lighter, smoother, and more brilliant skin. 

So, did it do what it promised? Yes! I had some inflammation on my skin from my own bad skin-picking habit and this sheet mask brought down the inflammation considerably.

For the price, I'll definitely be restocking soon. The box only gave me 3 of these masks, so a restocking session is immenient. ^^ 

Price: RM2.08 per sheet
Verdict: 9.5/10
Repurchase: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment