Monday, June 13, 2016

[Review] Guardian Malaysia Jeju Lily Face Mask, Jeju Tangerine Face Mask and Jeju Seaweed Face Mask

Price: RM4.15 per piece during 3 For 2 Promotion
Verdict: 0/10
Repurchase? No.

I bought these Guardian Masks during a brain fart moment. The price for the individual mask is RM6.20 and Guardian Malaysia was having a 3 For 2 sale. I somehow failed to think, 'oh, so it's RM12.40 for 3 masks and thought it was RM6.90 for 3 masks'. Bah. Nevertheless, I thought they'd be interesting and bought six of them. They were twice the price of what I usually budget for masks (RM2) so I had high expectations.

This Guardian Jeju Lily Face Mask is imported from Jeju Island and claims to be able to replenish essential daily nutrients on your skin and brighten tired, dull skin, leavint it radiant with a natural glow.


The main ingredients were as follows:

Aqua, glycerin, butylene glycol,peg-32, betaine, peg/ppg-17/6 coplymer,phenoxyethanol, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, panthenol, phormium tenax extract, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, ethylhexylglcerin, xanthan gum, parfum, allantoin, hydrolyzed collagen, sodium hyaluronate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, nelumbo nuciferra flower water, dissodium edta, dipotassium glycyrrhizate.

Instructions were to leave them on for 10-15 minutes and then remove from your face. Massage slightly to aid absorption and no rinsing required. 

Let me tell you, I hated this mask with a vengeance. Even the skin on my arms and legs, which I had slathered with the excess essence, hated this mask. This was not the first of the guardian masks I've tried. I've also tried their nourishing Jeju Tangerine Face Mask and hated it.


 And then I tried the ultra-soothing Jeju Tsubaki Face Mask and also hated it.


I'm not exactly a mask connoisseur. On the contrary, I've only ever tried a few store and cheaper sheet masks so I shouldn't be able to complain. But man, these masks were stuffy to keep on my face and left a sticky residue that stayed for ages! Even in an air conditioned room! Instead of achieving their promised results, my pores were clogged, my face felt sticky and uncomfortable, and I couldn't wait to get rid of them!

 I will definitely not be repurchasing Guardian brand masks in a while In the meantime, I still have three more of the Guardian Jeju masks and two more Golden Cocoon masks. I hope they'll be better than these but my expectations are way down now.

Verdict: 0/10
Repurchase? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment