Friday, June 17, 2016

Jolse.com To Sarawak, Malaysia

I have bad news. My phone died along with everything I love in it. I knew I should've transferred my pictures to my laptop. The thing is, there was no warning prior to death. One minute I was staring at Reddit and the next minute the screen was an ominous darkness that stared back at me. 

I couldn't get my hands to the pictures in the phone since it's stupid beyond believe. Therefore, there aren't any pictures of the wonderful haul I bought from Jolse, which is just fan-fucking-tastic. Fuck that stupid phone. Now I have no phone, which means no pictures, but I do love my haul from Jolse so I'll do a review nevertheless. 

Jolse.com


Jolse is another Korean site that caught my attention. It's especially tempting since it offers free shipping all the way from Korea. Basically, if you put no-minimum free shipping on your site, I'll automatically want to buy something from you. Admittedly price-wise per item is not as competitive, but that's negated by free shipping.

So, the same thing might be cheaper elsewhere, but once you add shipping, it would actually be cheaper to get it from Jolse. The site itself is pretty straightforward. You find what you want, click on it, and pay with paypal. But first - this is very important - Jolse does 20% off sales during the weekend so whatever you want to buy, wait for the weekend.

Wait For 20% Off Sale


Here's what the banner looks like. If you want something from Jolse, wait for the 20% off.

Also, you get $3 credit the first time you buy something on Jolse so there's an instant discount right there.

Now, onwards to what I bought:

My Haul


Here's what I bought from Jolse on April 23rd, 2016:
  • Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask 100g - $8.67 (RM35)
    • I'll be frank, I bought this because of the discount and also because of the hilarious video reviews of the bubbles. ^^ It was sold for $8.67, which is around RM35. 
  • COSRX BHA BLACKHEAD POWER LIQUID 100 ML - $16.80 (RM69)
  • COSRX AHA 7 WHITEHEAD POWER LIQUID 100ml - $14.43 (RM59)
    • The BHA and AHA are one-two punches for dealing with the stubborn blackhead and enlarged pores on my nose and cheeks. These are actives and both require consistent and careful usage to see result.
  • Innisfree NO SEBUM MINERAL POWDER 5g - $5.58 (RM23) 
    • This softens skin and controls sebum production. I have an oil-overproduction problem so I got this to help control my face's oiliness. 
Total: $42.80 (RM175.59) after applying $3 coupon

My package took a few days to ship and about two weeks to finally arrive in Sarawak. I reached the $40 treshold to get free tracking, which was nice for stalking where my package is at all times. In addition to my products, Jolse added a few foil samples (BHA snail essence, ect.). Nothing spectacular and nothing full-sized.

Pros & Cons

Pros 
  • Free Shipping
  • Gives samples
  • Reasonable prices when discounted
  • Each purchase gets credit (a tiny percentage. My $42 earned $1.7 so about 4% (I'm not quite certain about this)
  • Reviewing items bought from jolse gives you $0.50 credit to be used for the next order (you have six months to complete the review)

Cons
  • Shipping takes a while. 
  • Some prices not as competitive
Prices: 8/10 
Packaging: 10/10
Shipping: 9/10 
Samples: 5/10
Repurchase: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment