Sunday, April 16, 2017

[Review] Vprove Rhodiola Power Cream - Jolse

Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: No

Price & Shop

I received this Vprove Rhodiola Power Cream from www.jolse.com in exchange for honest reviews. They gave away 30 of these and gave a few weeks for those of us chosen to try out the cream. All thoughts are my own, as usual. Jolse is one of the first korean skincare stores I've shopped from and they've been consistently amazing. ^^ Shipping is free with any purchase and you get $3 store credit towards your first purchase (I believe it's only applicable once you reach $20).

The Vprove Cream is available for $17.83 on Jolse.com, but there are a variety of other creams under the same brand. Vprove is a relatively new brand in the market of skincare, having only been found in October of 2016 by Cosmocos. The 'V' in the name is meant to mean 'verified' by doctors, and Prove reflects the will to resolve problems.

The VProve  Rhodiola Cream aims to whiten and provide anti-wrinkling effects. The cream protects skin from cold wind and drastic change in temperatures. It provides long term hydration effects as well.

Packaging

There's 35g of the product in the tube. I really like these type of packaging for creams, since it keeps the product from getting in contact with the air. This helps especially in weather like Malaysia, cause it's super humid here and I'm always worried about mold growing on products. It's only happened once (to my tube of Elizavecca Carbonated Bubbly Clay Mask) but once if more than enough, especially since skincare is precious.

There is not seal over the tip of the tube, so don't worry if it comes without it. ^^

Ingredients

I'm mildly outraged by how stupidly long the list of ingredients is. Thankfully, it looks good on cosdna, with the Dimethicone, Zince Oxide and Butylene Glycol as 1 on Acne, and Tocopherol showing up at 2 for both acne and potential irritants. 

Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Rhodiola Sacra Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycereth-26, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Aloe Barbensis Leaf Juice Powder, Panthenol, Dextrin Palmitate, Jojoba Esters, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Madecassoside, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Magnesium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Tocopherol, Copper Tripeptide-1, Serine, Sucrose, Urea, Glycine, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Hydroxide, Ornithine, Sea Salt, Alanine, Magnesium Chloride, Threonine, Histidine, Aspartic Acid, Valine, Proline, Dipotassium Phosphate, Lysine, Tyrosine, Leucine, Phenylalanine, Isoleucine, Glucosamine HCI, Magnesium Citrate, Asparagine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Glutamic Acid, Citrulline, Arginine, Uric Acid, Methionine, Tryptophan, Taurine, Glutamine, Cysteine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

The star ingredient is of course, the Rhodiola Sacra Root Extract, which is an emmolient that is an antioxidant that's commonly used in natural medicine. Googling brought me to a few places that sell this as a tonic herb and 'superfood' that is supposed to increase vitality, improve mood, and benefit cardiovascular and immune systems. It has been used for centuries to help acclimate to high mountanous altitudes, which explains VProve's thinking process of making a cream for our skin to acclimate to vast changes in temperature. The plant is known as an “adaptogen” that is supposed to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress.

It also has Niacinamide, an antioxidant that is known to brighten skin tone and is good for fading pigmentation. It's also an ingredient that my skin sometimes react badly to though, so I care careful to patch test this carefully .T.T

There's like, a million other ingredients in the cream, which, like I said earlier, really annoyed me because I don't believe you need quite so many things in a cream to make it effective. I prefer Cosrx's approach with keeping ingredients minimal, especially since they're only highlighting 5.

Intructions & Texture

Picture from: Vprove
Intructions says to just take an appropriate amount and apply on face evenly, tapping softly to absorb. I use this as the second last layer of my skincare routine not because of the texture, but solely because I'm playing that using it that way would successfully cover the scent. 

The product has a ridiculously intensive smell that's not really obvious from the tube, but becomes noticable as soon as it's applied. It has one of those scents that isn't completely overbearing, but whafts into your nose when you're least ready and you'd be smelling this weird scent and trying to find out if someone reapplied perfume or something. So. Annoying. I usually like my products somewhat scented, but this is just way too much.

The texture is quite thick, as you can see and leaves somewhat of a white cast if not applied properly. 

 The ingredients for this cream is really, really long but the only thing that came up higher than 3 is the phenoxyethanol, a preservative which ranks at a 4 on cosdna. 

Performance


I spent a good while trying trying to find the perfect cream/lotion to mix this with so that I can dilute/negate the scent somewhat, but I haven't been successful so far. It dries a little tacky. In terms of hydration, it definitely does work.

The main purpose of this cream is to help skin adapt to changes in temperature, as illustrated here: 

Honestly, this is interesting to me because the weather here is hot and humid, as I mentioned, but air conditioned spaces are chilly and dry and we got from that to hot and humid in point zero seconds since it only requires opening a door. If it's helping, I don't really feel the difference that this cream claims to make. In terms of whitening and anti-aging, I can't really be sure until I use this cream for much longer, since the skin takes about 30 days to go through a cell-cycle and renew itself. 

Unfortunately, every time I patch tested this, I end up with cc's. It's probably one of THE ONE MILLION INGREDIENTS IN THE CREAM. This is one of the reasons why I dislike products with this many ingredients. I can never quite figure out what it was that triggered the reaction. It could be the niacinamide, but I've reacted fine with some products that has it. I can't fault a cream for my own skin's adverse reaction towards it, so I'm docking 2 points for the horrible scent.

In the meantime, this is going to my mom, who has adamantium skin that only takes good effects from all creams and doesn't react badly to anything I've introduced to her. She's gone through 3 tubes of the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel, which broke me out with just one use. XD I will update this post with the effects on her skin, but in the meantime, she likes the scent. =.= and finds it a pretty nice, hydrating cream. 

Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: No

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

1 comment:

  1. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.หน้าใสไร้สิว

    ReplyDelete