Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Scinic Honey Ampoule All-In-One (LionGroupKorea - 11Street) To Sarawak, Malaysia -Mini Review

I bought this on the 21st April, 2016 and it arrived on May 4th, 2016 in a box that was fairly ugly to be completely honest. It was taped together with brown cellophane tape that circled the brown box from the top to the bottom. One I pulled the whole tape out, I no longer had a box. It pretty much fell apart. After being pampered by NattaCosme's beautiful box design, I gotta say I was fairly disappointed by LionGroupKorea's lack of their own customised box. 
 
Luckily everything inside was intact. I bought two Scinic Honey All In One Ampoule since my research found that it was highly recommended as an ampoule and since I had none to begin with, I wanted one that was all-in-one. It's humongous at 250ml per bottle. I purchased two since it was cheaper per bottle that way, at RM128.51. I had another 30% discount coupon, so it came down to just a little over RM100 at RM102.81 with free shipping.

The shipping was a little disappointing, since I expect it to arrive fairly quickly. The truth was, it didn't even ship until the 28th! But, the free samples made up for the delay!
The bottles were wrapped in bubble wrap and the samples - ohmygod the samples. I was given two travel-size samples which arrived just in time for my trip to West Malaysia at the end of the month and another trip in the beginning of next month.

The Laneige Perfect Pore cleansing oil smells like a dream and managed to get my sunscreen off without a fuss. It emulsifies beautifully once water is added, leaving my skin clear and plump. I'm gave the Mamonde age control to my mom and am saving the coconut oil sample packets for the trip as well. 

The Scinic Ampoule comes with a small scoop but I decanted it into a smaller jar to reduce contamination nevertheless. I've been using this twice a day for a week and I love this stuff to death. Everytime I put this on, I feel like eating my face. It has a honey-like scent that isn't too overbearing and spreads easily on my skin. I do have fairly oily skin though, so it also left me with a somewhat sticky residue. I'm probably putting on too much but overmoisturized >> not moisturized enough. 

The texture is a little sticky and goey, so a little goes a long way. I've been decanting this to my friends and family left right and center and I've still barely made a dent in it. This goes after my Hada Labo Lotion and before Sunscreen at night or is the last step of my nightly routine if I don't feel like putting on a night mask. I slather on a thick layer at night and wash it off in the morning. 

My morning routine: 
Hada Labo AHA/BHA Foaming Cleanser -> Thayer's Unscented Witch Hazel Toner -> Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion (Rich) -> Scinic Honey Ampoule

It hasn't made drastic changes on my skin so far, but I do feel like it's more plump and my face hasn't been doing it's usual 'ohmegerd oil spill' in the mornings, which is amazing. 

Love it? Yes!
Repurchase? Yes! But I doubt I will ever run out of this stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment