Wednesday, May 11, 2016

[Review] The Saem Vivacity Kuching Natural Gold Kiwi Mask Sheet

My mom, sis, and I went to Vivacity, Kuching the other day and walked into The Saem sell completely unplanned. I am a mask hoarder. One of these days, I'll show y'all all the masks I've bought but for now, I'll just rant about this particular mask.

They have a variety of these masks and at first I was wary since the mask is made from cotton I never really liked how cotton felt on my face. Cotton masks feels more stiffling and it tends to make me feel like I'm slowly suffocating. They were having a buy 5, get 5 free sale though and I could never resist a good sale.

My mom and sister were very quickly convinced that we should get 10, since it will be RM24.5 for 10, which means RM2.45 per sheet mask. It's a good deal, I'll give you that.

I finally came around to using this mask early this week and the smell from opening the pack was glorious... at first. Like all my masks, I banished this to the fridge half an hour before I applied it so that it would be nice and cool by the time it was time to put it on my face.

While it wasn't hot and suffocating like I had expected, the smell quickly became too much. All I could smell was the fragant, sweet, somewhat-kiwi-like scent on my nose and *shudders* even just thinking about it is giving me residue-smell memories. This was perhaps the first time I took a sheet mask off as soon as it reached the 20-minute mark because I couldn't wait to stop smelling it. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely overbearing for me.

My face felt... the same after applying this really. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fabulous either. I felt moisturized, but I could easily feel moisturized from my moisturizers too. If anything, I felt like my pores were clogged and I need another wash after putting the mask on. :( Very disappointed. Thankfully, I bought a variety pack, so I hope the rest would be better. Now, to hide them before my mom and sister finished them off.

Love it? No.
Repurchase? Definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment