Monday, May 16, 2016

Hermo.my To Kuching Sarawak, Malaysia - Disappointed Beauty Haul (Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner, The Face Shop Aloe Vera, Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack, Skin Food Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off)

I made a purchase with Hermo.my last weekend and I gotta say, the shipping is phenomenal seeing as it arrived today! Order made on May 14th and arrived on May 17th. That's pretty amazing.

As a new customer, I was given an RM15 rebate, bringing my order of the RM183.40 down to RM 168.40 but that was charged an additional 6% GST and I ended up paying RM178.50 for it. *Shrug* I'm not happy, but what can I do? 

Delivery was free to East Malaysia since I reached the RM150 treshold, but if you didn't reach that, it would be an additional charge out of your pocket. If you're in West Malaysia, you're in luck cause you get free shipping as long as you buy two items from them.

The products were fairly cheap, as is with most online stores. I've been on the lookout for a better smelling (or even non-smelling) toner since my unscented Thayer's Witch Hazel smelled like death. I'm excited to try out the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner. This product contains a fair amount of alcohol. so if you know your skin is sensitive to that, it's best to stay away. The Skin Food Black Sugar Strawberry Mask is for my sister. I purchased two Nature Republic Hair Pack so that I could try one for myself and gift the other to my sister.



As I said, the shipping was amazing but sadly, that's the only nice thing I have to say about this order. I had planned to make the order earlier, but there was a deal going on about giving a free Nature Republic face mask as long as I buy anything Nature Republic. Like the freebie hoarder I am, I wanted that mask. It was a game of 'out-of-stock' and 'back-in-stock' as I put items into my cart that continued for two days before I just made the order regardless, which was really infuriating for me. If you want to give it, then give it. Don't play games with me. Gah. 

The packaging was so-so. Big brown box with their logo printed on it. I suppose I was lucky that the sticker stayed put, because as I was reaching for a knife with my left hand, it came off my right hand without a fuss. 


Still, everything inside was in perfect order, so I really shouldn't be complaining at all. All the items were bubble-wrapped and there was an additional plastic bubble to off-set the empty space in the box. 

I think the packaging disappointed me because it just gave the impression of not-giving-a-flying-fuck. 


And they really, truly did not give a flying fuck. Because there was hair in my order. 

My satisfaction level went from a disappointed, but meh 8.5 to minus 10 in a nano-second. If this was something else, like furniture, or handphone covers, I wouldn't give a flying fuck either. But these are beauty products, and as such, I expected some level of finesse. 


Even with my potato-quality handphone camera, you can sort of see the clump of hair, fur, dead mosquitoes, and whatever germ-filled grossness stuck to the Skin Food Strawberry Mask. How long had that mask been in the warehouse? Whoever packaged this probably have cats... or dogs. I'd really rather not think it. 


The products themselves were unharmed though. I have used The Face Shop Aloe Vera Gel before, which is why I bought 3 of them. They're really light-weight moisturizers that help with the humid, hot weather in Malaysia. I smear this on my skin instead of on my face though. 

As soon as I made my order, I sent Hermo.my an email telling them about my obsession with samples. Mini trial-sized travel packs that stores give out if you make purchases with them. I love them. They're good for travelling and perfect for patch testing. They're great for deciding what my skin likes and doesn't. 

I received an email from them today about samples being decided by the supplier, so they really can't do anything about it. 

So, yeah. No samples. For RM178, I expected at least some samples. Like that face mask you kept dangling in front of my face and then not giving to me. Or foil packets. Anything. 

I have to admit, I'm more disappointed about the lack of samples than the hairball in my box, seeing as I specifically mentioned wanting them. I might purchase from Hermo.my again if they have a phenomenal sale coming up, but the RM150 treshold for free shipping would probably make that unlikely. And it will take awhile for me to get over lack of samples. 

Shipping: 10/10
Packaging: 5/10 The products were safe, but it also arrived with extra hair, fur and whatever it is that was in their warehouse. I'm not happy. 
Product: 10/10
Price: 8/10 The GST charge kind of took me by surprise and it made the RM15 discount almost moot. 
Sample: 0/10 I'm so upset right now. T.T 

No comments:

Post a Comment