Sunday, October 2, 2016

[Store Review] Lush N' Blush To Sarawak, Malaysia

Prices: 8/10 
Packaging: 10/10 
Shipping: 10/10
Samples: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes 

Lush N' Blush

I saw this website as an advertisement on Skinfood Malaysia because it's successfully become the only authorised Skinfood online seller in Malaysia. Lush N' Blush did a relaunch promotion late last month where shipping was free with all purchases so I headed to the store to check out the range of Skinfood products they offered. I was surprised to find that they stoke a pretty wide variety of Freeman masks for really competitive prices and couldn't resist. >< On the other hand, the Skinfood products that they do carry, seems to be a tad overpriced. There are some products that aren't available on online stores elsewhere, but are available for cheaper on Althea Malaysia. 

The site is pretty easy to navigate. I particularly enjoy the fact that there wasn't any annoying popouts getting in my face. 

A Little Background


The site has been around since 2013 and offers an extensive selection of  head-to-toe beauty and care. Their 'About us' page doesn't really go into much detail beyond sharing that it aims to bring consumers the best quality brands from around the globe at affordable prices. 

The three main brands that they carry appear to be Skinfood (obviously), China Glaze (nail polish) and Freeman. They also carry Corine de Farme, evian, BioZ, Titania, Nature's Bounty, and many more brands, though the selection for the other brands aren't as extensive as the first three. 

Shipping and Packaging

Shipping is free for orders over RM50 in West Malaysia and orders over RM100 in East Malaysia. Otherwise, it's RM10 and RM15 respectively, which isn't too bad. I think the tresholds are easily achievable. 

As for packaging, I was quite pleased with what arrived at my door. As you can see in the picture above (and below of my purchase), they have a sturdy carboard box where they stuff their products in. My order arrived within 3 days of ordering, which is pretty impressive.

My Purchase & Samples

I admit, I was hungry when I made this haul. I actually wasn't looking to buy anything new, but then I saw they carried a good selection of Freemanbeauty products so I couldn't resist. They were only RM15 (~$3.6) each too, which made things extra hard. In conjunction, there was free shipping along with their relaunch and well... I just had to get my hands on this Freeman Chocolate and Strawberry Clay Mask because it sounded delicious. 

Everything else in the purchase were extra gifts that they so generously gave me in conjuction with their relaunching. 

My mini haul included: 
  • Freeman Chocolate & Strawberry Clay Mask - RM15 for 150ml
    • This indulgent mask does more than tantalize your taste buds! Tone skin and diminish the appearance of large pores with oil-absorbing clays. Delight in delectable Chocolate and Strawberry while Shea and Cocoa Butter moisturize for smoother, softer skin

  • Freeman Diamond Mineral Rinse Mask - RM6.90 for 15ml - Free
    • Boosts Brilliance & Radiance your skin. Polish away dullness to reveal multi-faceted radiance. Antioxidant Sparkleberry extract helps fight off environmental assaults to enhance skin's look and feel over time. Unique mask rinses clean for a lasting, super-cool finish.
  • China Glaze Black Mesh - RM15 - Free
    • A night-black crackle polish: Chip Resistant, Long-Lasting, Durable
  • Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask - Free
I played around with the nail polish but it was completely black and it freaked my bf out, so... yeah... need to repurpose that somehow. I didn't apply a second coat to the polish and it started chipping on the second day, which was pretty disappointing in my opinion. 

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free Shipping at RM50 (West Malaysia) and RM100 (East Malaysia)
  • Lots of samples (although I'm not certain how generous they would be with samples post launching promotion). 
  • Freeman products are cheap and definitely worth getting
    • Definitely get the 150ml tubes instead of the 15ml. The prices for 15ml is half the 150ml even though 150ml has literally 10 times more product. 

Cons
  • Skinfood items a little expensive
  • Free shipping treshold might be a little hard to reach for those in Sabah Sarawak (like me)


Prices: 8/10 
Packaging: 10/10 
Shipping: 10/10
Samples: 10/10
Repurchase: Yes 

1 comment:

  1. Love your review. I just got some Freeman Beauty products from them too and I'm in love with the peel off gel mask!

    yanrula x

    ReplyDelete