Sunday, October 16, 2016

[Review] Mizon Correct Combo Perfect Moisture Pact SPF 50+ PA+++

Price: NA
(Won from 0.8L Malaysia)
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe

Price & Shop

My sister won this from 0.8L Malaysia, which was odd considering the item she joined for was a lipstick. She got this in addition to the lipstick, which is pretty awesome, imo. Unfortunately (fortunately?), she doesn't use cushions at all and her skin is fairly sensitive, so she graciously decided to hand this over to me. I don't use cushions either, but I was ready to try this out nevertheless because why not?

The Mizon Correct Combo Perfect Moisture Pact is available on Hermo.my for RM158.  I've also seen it on Amazon and Koreadepart (For $24). The case is on the bulky side, but it's still absolutely gorgeous. It's in a matte, round, black case that doesn't result in fingerprints though, so yay! 


Ingredients and Directions




Instructions says to press the button in the lower side of the pact to get the product to come out, then to apply the puff to the cream, then skin, starting at the center of the face and blending outward. After opening, you're supposed to press the lower button 10 - 20 times before any product showsup though, so don't panic if nothing shows up immediately. 

As for ingredients... I picked this from the Singapore's Althea store: 


Texture & Fragrance

There's a mild scent to this pact that I can't really put my finger to but quickly disappears once it's applied. It's not an overwhelming fragrance and not too unpleasant, so I was pretty alright with this. 

The texture of the product is pretty lightweight so it applies quite smoothly without leaving an obvious layer on top. This is coming from someone who's literally never used a cushion before and isn't used to having anything other than moisturizer and sunscreen on, so that's saying something. The coverage is only average though; it doesn't really cover the darker pimple marks on my cheek. :( 

Performance

This is a high functional premium CC pact that apparently can make skin healthier and brighter with highly moisturizing nutriion due to it's Mizon HydraTox Technology, developed with Snow Algae, Hydrasalinol, Hydarnov, and Moringa extract, none of which makes any sense to me. All this, according to the description of the pack, can control temperatrue change of the skin as well as give maximum moisturizing effect and strengthen natural defense structure of the skin. 

Before I talk about performance, I'm just going to emphasize again that I don't have anything to compare this to, so grain of salt and ymmv. 

That said, I think I would love this if it was the right shade. At #21, it's too light for my skin. For comparison, I'm Natural #21 for Laneige, but seem to be #23 for every other brand. I layer this with the Innisfree No-Sebum Powder and those two together it really helps oil control. My skin tends to start getting oily towards the end of the day though (about 10 hours in). Even though it's a little lighter on my skin, it wasn't too horrible, possibly because it's medium coverage instead of trying to conceal my skin color altogether with it's #21 Light Beige. The color seems to even out eventually and I don't look like a member of the walking dead. 

I really like that it has UV protection, though I do use a proper sunscreen before applying this. I don't mind wearing this for the entire day. Would I repurchase this? Definitely maybe. :) 

Pros and Cons


Pros
  • Lightweight coverage that applies easily
  • Scentless-ish (smell disappears after applying to skin)
  • Helps brighten and moisturizes. 
  • UV Protection (SPF 50+ PA+++)

Cons
  • Doesn't give full coverage (though this was a blessing for me since it wasn't the right shade anyways)

Price: NA
(Won from 0.8L Malaysia)
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe


I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment