Sunday, October 2, 2016

[Review] Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Sheet Mask

Price: NA
I got this from notahaul
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: No



This mask is a gift from a super kind friend who sells some of her stash over at NotaHaul on shopee, so do drop by if you're Malaysian and am interested in getting her stuff. I was saving this for a special occasion since these masks are slightly more expensive. I see them on Hermo on sale for RM49.90 for a pack of 10 during sales though, so it might be worth getting considering you're in West Malaysia.

These mask expire in September though, so I made sure to use it before!

Fit & Texture


The overall fit of the mask is alright. Not awesome, but not too bad either. It also has eyeflaps, which, I'm perfonally not a fan of since I tend to sheet mask while I do other things. I'm not going to use it, so it's just a waste of extra sheet. On the other hand, it also makes it so that my undereye area is getting some love from sheet masks too, so... yay?

It's made of 100% Pure Cotton and adheres quite nicely to my skin. 

Ingredients

Water, Sodium hyaluronate, Butylene glycol, Peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, Dimethyl sulfone, Betaine, Natto gum, Disodium edta, Centella asiatica extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, Carbomer, Arginine, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl acetate, Panthenol, Luffa cylindrica fruit/leaf/stem extract, Althaea rosea flower extract, Aloe barbadensis leaf extract, Fragrance, Portulaca oleracea extract, Lysine hcl, Proline, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Acetyl methionine, Theanine, Apium graveolens (celery) extract, Brassica oleracea capitata (cabbage) leaf extract, Brassica oleracea italica (broccoli) extract, Brassica rapa (turnip) leaf extract, Daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, Oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit/leaf/stem extract 

Ingredients is pretty extensive. Despite that, cosdna didn't really come up with anything that may cause acne or be irritating. It is specially formulated to moisturize skin, with one of the main ingredients being hyaluronic acid. 


Performance

The packaging is a little weird, since, as you can see in the picture, the sheet mask itself is quite standard-sized. The plastic packaging is too big for it, which is quite a waste for a product that's already very wasteful. There was a little extra essense in the bag, which I promptly smeared over my neck and arms. First impression of the essense on the other parts of my body isn't all too good, to be honest. It's a little on the sticky side, which saddens me because it lauds to be without any stickness. 

I put this in the fridge prior to using. The scent is mildly sweet. It's pretty nice. I actually enjoyed the occasional whift from the sheet mask. It doesn't feel too artificial.

After about half an hour of sheet masking, my face looked noticably brightened. It also soothed redness. and calmed my pimples. Unfortunately, it left my skin feeling sticky for a while, which I really didn't like. I know this is HG for many in terms of calming pimples, improving skin texture, ect, ect, but it didn't really do all that much more for me that other good masks (such as My Scheming masks) can do, which doesn't justify the higher price tag. 

Pros & Cons

Pros

  • It has eyeflaps, if you're into that sorta thing.
  • Moisturizing and calming, reducing redness and inflammation

Cons

  • Expensive 
  • Leaves sticky residue

Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: No

No comments:

Post a Comment