Saturday, September 10, 2016

[Review] Queen Helene Mint Julep & Mud Pack Masque

Price: RM15.62
from iHerb.com (if your'e not a member, I'd love it if to use my iHerb Rewards Code: HJK634. I get a small percentage of your first purchase to use for my next purchase. :) )
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes
Shipping: ~1 month to Malaysia
Shipping Fee: RM16
Samples: I think I got a free paper ruler out of this? ^^

Price & Shop 

I bought this back in April in a haul from iherb.com. The shipping fee was more than a little painful at the price of an additional mask. T.T RM15.62 for the mask pack and RM16 for shipping. Still, I've been looking around for Queen Helene masks since I first tried them in the States and they were the first mask I've ever used, so I do have a sweet spot for them. There is a weight limit of 1.8kg before it falls into another tier for shipping and shipping charges increases. 

In addition, it is practically impossible to find this locally so I didn't mind paying extra to have them shipped to me all the way from the states. I just checked and price has increased to RM18.63 due to currency exchange rates.

Texture

The texture of the mask is easily spreadable. I really like that it comes in a squeeze tube, which meant the parts that I didn't use is kept sealed and secure. In comparison, the elizavecca carbonated mask and Innisfree clay masks come in tubs. I use a scoop for those, but I always feel like I'm contaminating them somewhat. 

After 15 minutes, the mask dries firmly on the skin and have to be washed off with warm water. 

Ingredients and Directions


Mint Julep: Distilled water, kaolin, bentonite, glycerin, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, sulfur, chromium oxide greens, fragrance and methylparaben.

Mud Pack: Aqua (water), kaolin, bentonite, glycerin, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, citronellol, geraniol, linalool, fragrance (parfum), iron oxides (CI 77491).

Cleanse face and neck thoroughly. Apply masque generously and allow to dry for about 15 minutes. Leave on problem areas overnight, if desired.

I've never tried to leave this on problem areas, but I've read about people leaving this on as spot treatment both to bring a pimple up to head, or get it to go away. It could go either way from what I've heard, but I don't trust myself to not get this all over my pillows.

Performance


Queen Helene was my favorite mask to use before I've tried other pore masks. Still, between this and the Elizavecca bubble mask, I much prefer this one. The Mint mask and the mud pack were very similar in terms of performance, in my humble opinion. The only difference is the way the mask felt as it dried on my skin. The mint mask had a tingling, minty sensation that's quite pleasing and very refreshing.

They were both able to clear up the oil, gunk and dirt from my face, clearing my pores and soothing my pimples in the process. I leave this on for 15 - 20 minutes before washing them off with warm water. My skin feels super clean and refreshed after washing this off. I prefer the innisfree clay mask to this though, since my skin feels less stripped after using the Innisfree. This can be fairly stripping. (-1)

I would suggest those with dry skin avoid this altogether though, since I have oil yskin and this dries up my face completely. I'd imagine dry skin would just completely freak out.

I have a fair amount of this mask left even after using once or twice a week for four months (since April). Think more than 75% of the product is still left, which is great. I wouldn't need to repurchase this for a good while yet, but I think once I'm out, I'm going to continue repurchasing until it gets discontinued. It's a cheap, effective ingredient that does its job well. ^^

Pros & Cons



Pros
  • Really cheap. The tub sells for RM16 on iherb. Even if you get just one plus shipping, that's RM32, which is still cheaper than most masks I can get my hands on here! 
  • Cleans and refreshes. 
  • Cleans pores and clears up oiliness, shrinking pores for a little while too. 
  • Minty feel while it dries is a great bonus! ^^

Cons
  • A little too stripping. (-1) 

Price: RM15.63 (I just checked and price has increased to RM18.63 due to currency exchange rates)
from iHerb.com (if your'e not a member, I'd love it if to use my iHerb Rewards Code: HJK634. I get a small percentage of your first purchase to use for my next purchase. :) )
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment