Saturday, September 10, 2016

[Review] Holika Holika Juicy Tea Tree Essence Sheet Masks

Price: RM2.5 
(Purchased from a friend. ^^) 
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Maybe
This is another mask I bought from a friend, hence the amazing price. I dumbly didn't take a picture of the individual mask so here's a group shot. ^^ If you're interested in the Blueberry review, click here! I bought five of these in total from her but probably won't look into buying more for a little while!

A little off topic, but I'm on a sheet mask no-buy for an indefinite time because I've gotten so bad at hoarding them. I probably have more than a hundred in my stash right now (I'm afraid to count). Sadly, these masks just didn't wow me enough for me to want to buy more. 

Anyways, onwards to the review!


Fit & Texture

 
Like the Holika Holike Mask, the fit was not particularly good, especially under my lip. It's not so much the cutting as it's to do with the cotton material that just doesn't fit well on my face. (-1) It also ignores part of my forehead, which I'm not happy about. 

It smelled like tea tree, which is a nice, soothing scent that I didn't have a problem with.

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract

Performance

These masks are aimed at treating acne and is a spot control mask. I have pretty high hopes for these since they're HG for the friend I bought them from. After ~10 minutes of having it on, it started to tingle a little. I did a quick google search and apparently tingling is to be expected from tea tree products. In any case, my skin didn't react badly to it in any other way.

I was sort of hoping this would be a miracle cure to my pimples, but it really wasn't. The effects were temporary fixes for me, lasting only a few short hours before the redness and inflammation returned, which was massively disappointing. (-1) On the other hand, these masks didn't really leave me with a sticky residue and is very moisturizing. 

Pros & Cons

Pros

  • Gives temporary soothing effects to pimples and inflammation
  • Moisturizing. 
  • Doesn't leave sticky residue. 

Cons

  • Not a fan of the fit/texture of the mask (-1)
  • Calming effects on pimples only temporary (-1) 

Price: RM2.5 
(Purchased from a friend. ^^) 
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment