Saturday, September 10, 2016

[Review] Holika Holika Juicy Blueberry Essence Sheet Masks

Price: RM2.5 
(Purchased from a friend. ^^) 
Verdict: 7/10
Repurchase: No 

I'm not going to talk much about the price and shop since I purchased this from a friend for a ridiculously great price. Actually, in the midst of writing this, I realized she's still trying to get rid of the rest of her stash, so if you're in Malaysia and have a shopee account, here's a link to her shop

Fit & Texture

The fit of the mask is not particularly good. It doesn't cling to my face as well as I like. The texture of the mask is fairly thick cotton, which meant parts of the mask weren't staying on my face. I resorted to using my Daiso Silicone mask to hold it in place (-1).

There were no additional essense leftover after putting the mask on my face, which, while a tad disappointing, is actually how it's supposed to be.

The smell of blueberry is quite intense and can be a little overwhelming at times. It's a sweet fruity smell that whafts to my nose occasionally and I'm glad for the silicone mask since it shields my nose receptors from being attacked by the scent incessantly. (-1)

Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Malpighia Emarginata (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract

Performance

I wasn't particularly awed by this sheet mask, to be completely  honest. It is meant to be energizing, whatever that meant, but I didn't feel like it did much for my skin. In addition, the essence left a fairly sticky residue that I'm not a particularly big fan of. (-1). I suppose it would be perfect for you if you have really dry skin, but it was too much for my skin. It didn't do much for the acne inflammation on my skin, but it also didn't promise to, so I can't really complain about that. On the other hand, it was very moisturizing.

Pros & Cons

Pros

  • Moisturizing

Cons
  • Fit wasn't particularly good (-1)
  • Sweet scent was overwhelming (-1)
  • Sticky residue leftover that does not absorb (-1)

Price: RM2.5 
(Purchased from a friend. ^^) 
Verdict: 7/10
Repurchase: No 

No comments:

Post a Comment