Friday, July 15, 2016

[Review] My Scheming Deep Ocean Water Saccharide Isomerate Mask

Price: RM2.08 per sheet
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Yes!

Price & Shop


Isn't this mask just absolutely adorable? I almost wanted to keep the packaging afterwards. There's a puppy on a whale and a person on top of the sprayed water. Love. 

I bought this from TW Street at 11street.my under My Scheming Scheming Awards mask into 24 groups with a lot of coupons to bring the price of the masks down. The box ended up being RM50 for 24 masks, which is RM2.08 per mask. The box is no longer available for sale, sadly, but TW street is still selling 10 My Scheming masks for RM31++, which is how I'm planning to replenish my My Scheming masks. ^^ 

Purchased From: TW Street on 11street.my 
Samples: None 
Delivery Time: Acceptable (About two weeks)

Fit and texture

This Taiwanese sheet mask has a protective sheet that needed to be removed prior to placing mask over my face. I really hate those protective sheets. It's useless, sucks up essence that could've gone to my face, and is just generally troublesome (-1). 

I really, really like the texture of My Scheming masks, but they are really so fragile. It fits well on my face though, and the scent is barely noticable (mildly... soapy?). The essence is a little milky but very watery, which meant the essence was dripping even as I tried to take a picture of it. Like all the other My Scheming masks, the fit is perfect for my face and it's really very comfortable.

Ingredients



Algae Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Caviar, Propylene Glycol, Ceteth-6, Sclerotium Gum, Saccharide Isomerate, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Ceteth-20, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhetinate, Sclerotium Gum, Hydrolyzed Silk, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Xanthan Gum, Sea Salt, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Polyquaternium-39, Allantoin, Sodium, Hyaluronate, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylisothiazolinone, Sea Water, Water 


According to cosdna, the only possible acne trigger is butylene glycol. There are several ingredients marked for safety though, obvious being the Methylisothiazolinone, a preservative that scored a hefty seven on the list. 


Performance

My Scheming Deep Ocean mask says it contains deep sea water extrated from the deep ocean sea water, which involves 60 minerals and microelements that is comparable to the size of water inside our body... which makes it more easy to be absorbed by our skin and promote metabolism... Aalllright, whatever you say, I suppose. Basically, it's a mask for moisturizing, and brightening. 

Did it achieve that. Erm... based on the before and after picture, it sort of did the opposite, didn't it?  (-1). But I felt like my skin was really very moisturized after using the mask. It could be the different lighting, but I made sure to take the picture at the same spot with the same light source. My skin does feel softer and more moisturized afterwards. Best of all, there is no sticky or tacky layer on my skin afterwards. My skin soaks up the essence beautifully and I love that.

For the price, it's really a wonderful mask. 

Price: RM2.08 per sheet
Verdict: 8/10
Repurchase: Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment