Saturday, July 9, 2016

[Review] Daiso Silicone Mask

Price: RM5.30 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes.

Price


This is stupid. I'm stupid. I took a picture of this without the silicon mask in it (because I was already wearing it). :') I've been curious about this mask for a little while so I went to buy one for myself after bugging my bf to drive us to Boulevard, Kuching. The Daiso store there, like all Daiso stores in Malaysia, sells everything for RM5.30 so naturally, this was RM5.30. 

When my bf asked me what this was, I told him it was a sheet mask for my sheet mask. He's gotten so used to my skin-care mumbo jumbo, he just nodded and accepted that explaination. <3

Since this is technically a mask, I'm going to review it like a mask. :) 

Purchased from: Daiso, Boulevard, Kuching

Fit & Texture

The one that I bought was a little pink, which is a nice confusing-serial-killer colour. Perfect for scaring family members. The mask is made such that it curves inwards to conform to your face, so placed onto a table, it won't lay completely flat either. As for fit, it was a little tight for my round-ish face even though parts of the mask doesn't exactly stick to my skin completely, as you can probably see in the picture above.

It pulls against my ear a little, but not enough for me to want to rage about it. (minus 1 point here even though I know everybody's face shape is different). The mask kind of curves downwards around the chin, which is great since I hate having the flaps of masks just below my lips.

The texture is silicone and feels oddly comfortable. It feels like a face-hug.

Ingredients


100% Silicone. Woot? That's it? Yeap. That's it. It can be boiled to sanitize or you could be lazy like me and just wash it off with soap every time you're done using it and hang it somewhere to dry.

Performance


Based on the instructions on the back, it can be used over a sheet mask to prolong the mask-face-life (or something), or as a standalone as a face-steaming mask. I don't think I'd use it as a steam-mask though. It can be washed and reused multiple times.

As you can see from the picture above, the mask really does it's job well! Even after 30 minutes of having my mask on, it was still ridiculously moisturized. It allows my face ample time to absorb the essence of the sheet mask and sits on my face comfortably while doing so. I can talk and move around without being worried about the mask falling off and that's just glorious.

The few times I've used this, I actually removed the silicone mask after 30-45 minutes since I sheet mask at night and I've got to go to sleep eventually. I can't do that with my mask still wet. So what happens now is that I'll sheet mask, apply the daiso silicone mask, take it off after 30-45 minutes, then wait for the mask to dry a little before taking it off completely. For something so simple and cheap, it does it's job perfectly.

Price: RM5.30 
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment