Tuesday, July 21, 2020

[Leggings Review] Uniqlo Women AIRism Soft Leggings Malaysia

Price: RM79.90 (sometimes discounted to RM59.90)
Brand: Uniqlo
Link to purchase: Uniqlo Malaysia Official Site
Review: 7/10


I've recently developed an obsession with leggings because I've discovered just how much more comfortable it is to do workouts (at home & at the gym) while wearing leggings instead of the baggy pants that I'm used to that requires a lot of hiking and tugging the pants up because the elastic bands have frayed and/or the pants simply weren't designed to be worn whilst working out.

This is a new series of reviews I'll be doing, in which as my online purchases begin to arrive, I'll be able to start comparing and contrasting the different pants I've gotten from different brands. I have several purchases on the way already. :D

The first of the review will feature a brand that I am fast getting obsessed with, Uniqlo. Uniqlo is a Japanese casual wear designer, manufacturer and retailer that is known for producing timeless, comfortable fashion wear with good durability for both men and women.

I have several purchases from Uniqlo already, but for this review, let's look at the Uniqlo AIRism Soft Leggings that comes in several colors.

They have generic colors, from black, gray, wine, and navy, so some less.. conventional colors.
The unusual colors seem to go for slight cheaper, though, and personally, I prefer the more fun colors. I bought the pair in green while it was discounted to RM59.90 and I kind of wish I had gotten it in red as well.
It looks closer to neon coral and is such a bright, happy color. Unfortunately, while I was trying this out in the changing room, I found that the neon color is not very forgiving for any cellulite. >< The material for the gray, red, and beige is 75% polyester and 25% spandex, but the material for the black and green is 72% polyester and 28% spandex. I'm not sure how the material difference would translate, since I have only gotten it in green.

The fabric of this is incredible. I love, love, love how this feels to have on. It's breathable and not see through. It's a thick material, but I didn't find it warm, even in the hot and humid Malaysia weather and I worked out in this just fine as well. It's sweat-wicking, so there're no embarrassing dark spots even when I'm sweating. The green is squat-proof but both brighter colors give VPL (visible panty lines), so maybe I'll need to match this with one of their AIRism seamless panties. :)

Here's the size chart for this particular pants. It's also available on the site. Uniqlo appears to be have different size charts for their varying designs, so it's important to check.
My current details:
Height: 157cm
Weight: 47kg
Waist: 64cm
Hip: 87cm 
Size S is supposed to fit 60-66cm waist and 85-91 hips. I purchased a size S for this. The length is just right for me, resting at my ankles and at 157cm I am rather short, so I wonder how this would fit for those of you who're taller.
There's a review on the site that says to size down if you're in between sizes and since it will stretch a little bit during wearing. I generally wear a size S in uniqlo, but I am rather bottom heavy. Testing the S and M had me a little bit torn, since the M is too loose around the waist but perfect at the hips, and while the S is a better fit at the waist but almost a little too tight at the hips and especially around the ankles.
The fit for the ankle is so tight even for my arm! Lol.

The material is stretchy enough that a few wears should be able to make it more comfortable, but I do wonder if I should have sized up, since I'm actually not so keen on wearing it because of how tight the fit is. Maybe I just have fat ankles. lol.

Because it's so tight, when I am doing cardio or pilates, the middle seam seems to fold in a little (boo cameltoe). Not an issue when I'm working out at home, but not something that I'd want happening if I ever wear this outside. Perhaps this is a perfect pair of leggings for some, but I'm rather bottom heavy (all my weight goes to my hips and waist) and S size just isn't the right fit for me. The material folds over somewhat, an issue which really makes me wonder if sizing up would help.

Would I repurchase? Maaaybe? The material is really super comfortable and I really do enjoy uniqlo clothing. Maybe I will size up and see if it would fit better.

Price: RM79.90 (sometimes discounted to RM59.90)
Brand: Uniqlo
Link to purchase: Uniqlo Malaysia Official Site
Review: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment