Saturday, October 15, 2016

[Review] Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

Price: NA
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe

Price & Shop

I won this from 0.8L Malaysia's instagram share and win contest a few months back and recieved it about a month after winning it.  I reviewed it briefly on my instagram account too. :) You can also buy this from my.althea.kr or any local Innisfree stores you can access. It also came with an Innisfree  Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam which I will be reviewing shortly. :) 

I'm really glad I won this since I seem to have a addiction to wash off masks, clay masks, and just masks in general. This is one of the best loved items in Korean skincare and I have only managed to try and small sample from Innisfree's best loved kit a while back.  I initally thought this caused a bad reaction on my skin, but that turned out to be completely wrong and my skin was just freaking out from travelling. 

Ingredients and Directions

Ingredients: Water, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Volcanic Ash, Glycerin, Silica, Trehalose, Kaolin, Bentonite, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Pvp, Peg-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Mannitol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactic Acid, Polyisobutene, Menthoxypropanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Polysorbate 20, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

The CosDNA is fairly okay, with the highest rating at 3 for Hydrogenated vegetable oil, which is an odd thing to have in a clay mask and really shouldn't be in there in the first place. 

Directions: After cleansing, wipe your face gently with the toner to even out skin texture. Then apply the mask voer the entire face, avoiding the eye and lip afrea. After 10 minutes, gently rinse off withe lukewarm water using your fingertips. 

Texture & Fragrance


So, here's something odd about this mask. When I got it as a part of a sample in the Innisfree store, the texture of this clay mask was noticably thicker and drier, taking a significant amount more in order to be spreadable on my skin whereas in the bottle, it's actually quite soft and smooth and applies really easily. It's lightweight and doesn't dry tight. That's interesting. I would hope that the sample would be the same as the original product but no, the full-sized product is so much better. It could be because the sample has been around longer and has dried out somewhat. 

I didn't need much of this at all to spread it on my entire face, which is very nice and means it would last a good long while. The texture of this mask is softer than the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque Pack, which was surprising for me. I prefer the packaging of the Queen Helene's mask though, since that came in a tube and minimized contamination. There's also tiny capsules on the mask that melts (bursts) as you spread this on your skin. 

It smells... like nothing. Actually, it's not fragranced so unless your nose is really sensitive, I don't think you can smell anything annoying about it. :) 

Performance


This is me with the sample clay mask that I tried! ^^ It aims to shrink pores, control sebum, exfoliate, deeply cleanse, brighten, and cools. I think it satisfies 5 out of 6 of the promised functions because I don't see how it managed to brighten my skin tone. It does do everything else though, which is great. :) The super version is apparently marketed for those with oilier skin (like mine) while the normal is for dry/normal skin. 

The difference between this mask and the Queen Helene masks and the Elizavecca mask is that it leaves my skin super soft after. It's less stripping and is capable of doing everything the two other masks promised, which is a nice thing, I suppose. It's slightly cooling upon application which I enjoy because the Queen Helene Mint Mask tends to be super tingly and minty, which is fun, but I want to just relax and have less excitement in my life sometimes. XD It's also less harsh and Oh! Did you know you could just roll off this mask? I tried this a few times, but found that I much prefer washing this off instead of rolling off the mask with my finger tips because it's much gentler for my skin that way. 

I would repurchase this if I ever run out of the product, but I also want to keep my options open. There are so many other masks out there and I want to try all the them. All. Of. Them. 

Pros and Cons


Pros
  • Exfoliates, controls sebum, cleanses, shrinks pores (temporarily), and cools
  • Pretty reasonably priced at RM39 on Althea Malaysia

Cons
  • Packaging isn't too hygenic (-0.5)
  • Product seems to dry up if you don't use it up quickly (as proven by the sample that I have that's pretty dried up) (-0.5)

Price: NA
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: Maybe


I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment