Sunday, August 20, 2017

[Jolse Review] Juicyful Vitalizer Tone-Up Cream

Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Maybe

I received this Juicyful Vitalizer Tone-Up Cream from www.jolse.com in exchange for honest reviews but all thoughts are my own, as usual. Jolse is one of the first korean skincare stores I've shopped from and they've been consistently amazing. ^^ Shipping is free with any purchase and you get $3 store credit towards your first purchase (I believe it's only applicable once you reach $20).

The  Juicyful Vitalizer Tone-Up Cream is available for $22.10 on Jolse. As the name suggests, it's a white cream formula that's able to immediately tone-up skin tone. In addition to it's instant brightening effect, it contains a number of ingredients that aid in long-term brightening such as niacinamide and vitamin capsules. It also contains naturally moisturizing ingredients.

Packaging and Ingredients

The packaging is nice and simple, coming in a tube of 100ml product that is sealed with a foil that is peeled off to use. The cap closes with the audible noise, so it's easy to tell when it's closed. ^^ 

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Olivate, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Grape Seed Oil, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Chlorphenesin, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Aluminum hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tea Tree Extract, Rosemary Extract, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Lavender Flower Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Adenosine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chondrus Crispus Powder, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Trehalose, Allantoin, Betaine, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated lecithin, Ceramide NP, Caprylyl Glycol, Agar, Synthetic fluorphlogopite, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Tromethamine, CI 77491, Mica, Algin, Pectin, Gellan gum, Perfume

The ingredients list is faily long but the only thing that shows up as acne and possible irritants on cosnda are butylene glycol (1), dimethicone (1), stearic acid (2), and mica (4,4). Algin is a fragrance and binding agent.

There's actually titanium dioxide in the product, which is a UVA and UVB sunscreen even though the cream doesn't claim have SPF, so it's probably only present in minimal percentage so shouldn't be used as a sunscreen. The other pigments used are CI 77491 and Mica.

Niacinamide is an effective skin-restoring ingredient that also has anti-aging properties. According to Paula's choice, it is able to improve the appearance of enlarge pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface.

Other noteable ingredients are the multiple plant extracts, including tea tree, rosemary, peppermeant leaf, lavender, and chrysanthellum indicum. Most of these are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. They also provide soothing and healing properties. There are plenty of moistuizers in the ingredients, inclusing ceramide, betaine, panthenol, trehalose, allatoin, grape seed oil, and glycerin as well as a number of emollients.

I'm usually a little wary with ingredient lists that's excessively long since it increases the risk of skin sensitivities, but this cream has been very kind on my skin. ^^

Performance
The texture of the cream is well, creamy. It spreads very well and applies easily on the skin, absorbing fairly easily after only a little while. I initially thought this would be similar to another tone up cream that I've used, the Yeon Yowoo Whitening Cream, which also contains niacinamide and lauds as a tone up cream, but they're fairly different. This is much more moisturizing and absorbs better than the YoWoo cream. It also doesn't leave as much of a white cast on my skin.
I applied this on the right side of my hand, all the way up to my knuckles where you can see a clearer difference between the part that's applied and the part that's not. It's obvious without being too obvious, which is important to me because I don't fancy looking like the walking dead. It does offer slight coverage for blemishes, but barely, as you can still see the veins on the back of my hand. XD

I've used this a few weeks but not every day. It's a little heavy for my oily/combo skin and having a cream that tones up my skin isn't a goal for the moment, since I'm suffering from a few breakouts and I am focusing on healing and moisturizing without causing more breakouts. I'm really grateful this plays well with my skin, since my face has been freaking out over cleansers recently, breaking out left and right and making me look quite horrible. >< Anyways, if you're looking for a tone up cream with ingredients that moisturizes and actually helps brighten skin tone in the long term, I'd definitely recommend the product. 

Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Maybe

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

1 comment: