Thursday, July 6, 2017

[Jolse Review] Hope Girl Jamong Cleansing Balm

Price: $16.98
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Probably

Price & Shop

I received this Hope Girl Jamong Cleansing Balm from www.jolse.com in exchange for honest reviews but all thoughts are my own, as usual. Jolse is one of the first korean skincare stores I've shopped from and they've been consistently amazing. ^^ Shipping is free with any purchase and you get $3 store credit towards your first purchase (I believe it's only applicable once you reach $20).

The Hope Girl Jamong Cleansing Balm is available for $16.98 on Jolse.com but currently discounted to $14.43, price subjected to change according to conversion rate and deals. I really appreciate that Jolse gives a good few weeks in order for me to really try out the product and form and opinion. This is a truly interesting cleansing balm and I'm really enjoying this. Thank you, Jolse for the opportunity to try this! 

This balm is meant to keep the skin moist even during removal of thick make-ups and waterproof makeup products. The moist sherbet type balm dissolves smoothly on the skin and cleanses gently. This is a hypoallergenic product which is suitable for all skin types and does not include parabens, benzophenone, triclosan, triethonolamine, and BHT. 

Packaging


I'm honestly in love with the packaging of this product.  The colors are bright and vibrant, creating a lovely contrast on my vanity shelve full of products that's either white, green, or some variation of pale tones. The bright grapefruit design just brings a smile to my face every time I glance at it. 

There's a generous amount of product in the tube. This 75g cleansing balm is sure to last a good long while. In general, I like my products in tubes to keep it more sanitary, but that's impossible with this product due to the thick, sherbet-like consistency. 

Texture & Ingredients 


The tube survived the trip all the way from Korea to the sweltering heat in Malaysia without melting even a little bit! I was so impressed and it genuinely made me happy. The cleansing balm itself is pretty solid, as you can probably see from the picture, but a light touch from the spatula provided is all that is needed to spread it around. In addition, it melts into the skin so wonderfully! It smells wonderfully and decisively fruity. It's supposed to be grapefruit sherbet, which I'm not sure the scent of, but this is wonderful.


The first ingredient listed is *drumrolls* mineral oil! Hahaha. There's a lot of negativity surrounding that particular ingredient, but really, I don't think it's all that bad. Mineral oil is lightweight and helps reduce water loss from the skin. When used in cosmetic products, like this one, it's highly purified and completely safe to use. If you're worried about the product clogging your skin, then just use a second cleanser to wash it off properly afterwards, which is what's recommended anyways. ^^ 

There are plenty of great ingredients in the product, including grapefruit extract for its antioxidant effect,, citrus peel extract for elastic skincare, macademia seed oil to keep moisture, aloe leaf juice for moisturizing skin, and orbignya seed oil for hydration. As mentioned earlier, this is formulated without parabens, benzophenone, triclosan, triethanolamine, or BHT. 

Instructions & Performance


Instructions says to simply scoop up the necessary amount with the spatula and apply on clean hands, then gently massage the balm on the skin. Then, to cleanse, rinse it off with warm water. Here, I used a waterproof  Diamond Beauty Eyeliner. This eyeliner has caused me so much pain. I love it because it doesn't smudge and is practically permanent marker every time I use it. Removing it is another story altogether. 

I have to use my cleansing oil, then several cleansing waters before it's even barely off, blinding my eyes in the process. Then, after using my second cleanser, I'll leave the bathroom and use the toner to make sure everything is properly washed off, only to find residue still there. 

Yet, I continue to use it because I often forget I'm wearing eyeliner and rub my eyes, and all other eyeliners I've used had turned me goth when I do that. I'd rather be pretty and worry about the pain of removal later, thank you. <3 

Alright, I'll stop ranting. I made sure the eyeliner was dry, testing it by rubbing it with tissue, then getting it wet and trying to rub it off again. I applied a small amount of the sherbet cleanser. making sure there's at least enough to spread it around I'm stingy though, and didn't scoop up a lot. 

The back of my hand is so gross, but as you can see, it's melting the color off my hand so wonderfully! In addition, it has a pleasant, moisturizing touch, making the removal process all the more pleasant. 

After that, all I needed to do was run water through my hand and the liner was completely gone! Dayum. I've since tried this on full-face makeup and this has transformed into my favorite first cleanser. It takes off my eyeliner without blinding me or getting into my eye! Yasss!!

Overall Impression

As you can see the balm works perfectly on cleaning off makeup! I've used this several times throughout the month, taking off not just makeup, but also my sunscreen. On days when my skin feels particularly clogged up, I'll massage my face with plenty of the balm, and then wash it off with water. 

As promised, just a gentle touch is needed and the sherbet balm melts into the skin wonderfully. I am, however, deducting a point because this sort of leaves my face deceivingly moisturized. I have clog-prone oily/combo skin, so I have to be careful to make sure my skin is properly cleansed. I'm sure to use a second cleanser after using this since I'm worried that the dewy finish is caused by the mineral or olive oil in the product. Perhaps the ingredients list could use a little bit of tweaking, but why fix something that's not broken?

If you can't tell already, I'm a fan of this cleansing balm! It's really super amazing and I love pretty much everything about it, from the packaging and the smell, to the way it melts off makeup and cleanses without being drying. It's really pretty awesome.

Price: $16.98
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase:  Probably

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment