Sunday, January 29, 2017

[Review] Sexylook Golden Bird's Nest + Gold Caviar Double Listing Mask

Price: RM20 for 10 pieces
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: No

Price & Shop

I purchased these from Iqueen's Shopee store with free shipping since I combined this purchase with the LS Cosmetic Premium mask packs that I've reviewed earlier to get to RM25 for free shipping. It took two days to arrive to Sarawak, which is pretty great! There're having a deal of 2 boxes for RM30 at the moment so if you're looking to get sheet masks, definitely check them out if you're looking to try out sexylook masks. They're one of the local stores that I get my masks from without having to fear for legitimacy.  


Ingredients

Ingredients: Water, Butylene glycol, glycerin, centella asiatica leaf extract, xanthan gum, niacinamide, chlorphenesin, octoxynol-11, polysorbate 20, alcohol, hamamelis virginiana water, phenoxyethanol, caviar extract, fragrance, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, palmitoyl pentapeptide-4 dipotassium glycryhizate, d-panthenol, dextrin, hydrolyzed swiftlet nest extract, sodium hyaluronate. 

Note: They listed butylene gylcol a total of 3 times in the ingredients lits. XD Either someone wasn't paying attention when they entered the list, or they put a LOT of butylene gylcol in there. 

I listed out and ran the ingredients past Cosdna and one ingredient that really stood out was the Octoxynol-11, which ranked 8 on safety. It's an ingredient used in cosmetics and personal care products to form emulsions by reducing surface tension of the substnaces to be emulsified. It's used to dissolve a solvent and is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as long as it's used in lower concentrations so it should be alright. 

Swiftlet nest extract ended up quit low on the ingredients list, which is fairly disappointing, but they have centella asiatica leaf extract high in the list. Centella extract have been found to calm inflammation, stimulate cell growth, improve wound healing, build collagen and improve circulation according to an article in Forbes.

There's definitely alcohol in the masks, so those sensitive to it should do well to avoid this mask altogether. My skin tends to react badly to products with high concentration of niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate and seeing as I really enjoyed this mask and there were no adverse effects, I can only guess there wasn't much of the two ingredients present. XD Not sure if that's good or bad.

Fit, Scent, & Texture

I was fairly pleased with the fit of the mask. The mask was similiar with the earlier Sexylook mask that I tried (Moisturizing Ear Lobe Mask Rose Extract + Collagen Sheet mask), in that it also had the ear hooks and chin hook. I actually enjoy having the hooks on since that meant I could do aerobics (not that I do) and the mask would still stay on. XD

The fit was just right for me so it wasn't too tight, which is good. I have a fairly big face so hopefully this would mean it's a good fit for almost everyone too. :) The textue of the mask was cotton, I believe, and adhered nicely to my skin (possibly aided by the hooks too!) I didn't particularly enjoy the scent of this mask as it was quite artificial-smelling, but the smell faded a little after I put it on.


Performance

The mask aims to repair, hydrate, firm, whiten, and restore skin's elasticity. Lots of promises for a simple sheet mask. I bought this not for all the promises but because I've tried another Sexylook mask and they seem like a no frills mask for moisturizing that doesn't leave my skin sticky/greasy. This mask was pleasant to have on and pleasant once removed. I'm glad that it was as good as the other Sexylook mask I've tried. My pores were slightly smaller and my skin was brightened a little bit.

I actually didn't check out the ingredients prior to buying these. I probably wouldn't have gotten them if I had since my skin's reacted badly to masks that had higher amounts of niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate but like I said earlier, my skin didn't react badly to these so the concentration's probably pretty low, which is not exactly a good thing, come to think of it.

I left this on for about 25 minutes before finally taking it off and it was still wet when I took it off. I was able to moisturize the rest of my body as well. For the price of RM2 per sheet mask, it's really quite worth the money since I've paid more for masks that did less. On the other hand, it's such an average mask that despite the high rating I'm giving it, I don't think I'm keen on getting more. I might try more Sexylook masks when I'm completely out of masks and when iqueen does a good sale but in the meantime, I'm happy with what I have. :)

Price: RM20 for 10 pieces
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: No

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the 2 for RM30 offer! These masks are cheap making the 1-mask-a-day routine possible without breaking my bank.

    ReplyDelete