Sunday, January 29, 2017

[Comparison Review] Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask VS Tony Moly Ferment Snail Lip Treatment

Seeing as I've used both Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask and Tony Moly Ferment Snail Lip Treatment, I figured I'd do a comparison review for them! :) 

I've been using the two alternatively for a little more than 3 months now. When I reviewed this earlier in my instagram, I preferred the Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask more but now that I've brought the Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment (what a mouthful) with me to Korea, I realize that I'm much more inclined to repurchase the Tony Moly snail if not because it can be used both as a daily lip balm and as an overnight lip treatment then because it didn't have such an overwhelming scent.

The Tony Moly Mask was able to heal cracked and chapped lips while absorbing nicely into the lip whereas the Petitfee Oil Blossom tends to sit over the lips as a protective barrier. The Petitfee Mask is meant as an overnight mask whereas the Tony Moly Lip Treatment can be used as both an overnight mask and as a regular lip balm.

I wouldn't want to use the Petitfee Oil Blossom as a daily balm either since it leaves a sort of oily film over the lips and has an odd taste to it. Which brings me to the next point. The Tony Moly Lip Treatmet has a mild citrusy scent that's quite pleasant while the Petitfee Mask has an overwhelming artificial strawberry that tends to linger in the mouth if you get it in your mouth. I hate the scent that the Petitfee Lip Mask leaves behind, sadly, though I've read reviews where people love it. XD

On the other hand, the Petitfee Mask seems to be able to retain moisture better throughout the night. The Tony Moly Lip Treatment is absorbed after a few hours of application. Both do a good job of keeping the lips soft and moisturized. The Petitefee Oil Blossom is $9.10 for 15ml whereas the Tony Moly Snail Lip Treatment is $6.30 for 10ml, so prices are pretty comparable.

There's a clear winner of what I would repurchase between the two and that's the Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment but if you don't mind heavy scents, then the Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Masks might be good for you too. :)

I would probably try and find the stick version of the Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment when given the chance though! ^^ It's basically the same thing, only it's in stick form, which makes it much more sanitary and was the reason it got 9/10 instead of 10/10.

I bought both of these from BBCosmetic. You can use my affiliated 8% off discount code: C10T190S3  applied during checkout if you're keen to get some for yourself! ^^

If you're curious about the reviews I've done for them, you can find them separately here: 


[Review] Tony Moly Timeless Ferment Snail Lip Treatment



I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/

And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

1 comment:

  1. Lip buttermasks are important whenever one needs to fight lip pigmentation and reduction. Buttermask is often thicker than conventional lip balms and prove to be more beneficial then the latter.

    Lip Pigmentation

    ReplyDelete