Sunday, January 29, 2017

[Review] Pascucci Royal Jelly Good Face Eco Mask Sheet

Price: NA
(received from Hermo)
Verdict: 6/10
Repurchase: No

Price & Shop (Mini-story)

A while back, I wrote a rant on my blog about how Hermo sent me a hairball along with my purchase and how they weren't really apologetic about it when I emailed them. Everytime I've seen another one of their sales, I reminded myself that I wanted nothing to do with hermo by re-reading my rant and that's help me no purchase anything from them since then. Yay for my wallet.

So, imagine my surprise when I received a parcel from Hermo with a box in it. "Huh?" I thought. "I haven't bought anything from Hermo lately..." Then, I opened the parcel and found that they had sent me a sheet mask along with a... dried up plant in a jar. There was also a sweet, handwritten note to let me know that they've tried to improve based on my complaint, because face it, you can be nice about it and say it's constructive criticism, but it's really just a complaint.

Still, credit is where credit's due so Thank you, Hermo for sending me these. I'm... less upset about the hairball now I suppose. Hermo stocks them for RM24 pieces for 15 pieces, which is a good price for decent masks I suppose, but I wouldn't buy more of these. 


Ingredients

Ingredients (from back packaging): water, glycerin, butylene glycol, royal jelly extract, sodium hyaluronate, rhus semialata gall extract, zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract, portulaca oleracea extract, terminalia chebula fruit extract, carbomer, triethanolamine, Peg-60 hydrogenate castor oil, phenoxyethanol, dmdm hydrantoin, disodium edta, fragrance

On the bright side, there's not a billion ingredients here. On the other hand, I ran this through cosdna and a few of these came up on safety, such as the triethanol emine (pH adjuster) Hydrogenated castor oil (surfactant), phenoxyethanol (preservative), dmdm hydantoin (preservative), and fragrance. Some of you might also react badly to the butylene glycol included.

I found that PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor oil is present in a lot of sheet masks and lotions. It's used as a solubilizer and the amount present in products is safe for most skin. However, those with skin conditions/more sensitive skin shoudl avoid this since it may cause irritation. Personally, I've never had bad reactions with products with this present. 

Fit, Scent, & Texture

The fit of the mask was just so-so, as you can see. It didn't really managed to cover most of my forehead and parts of my nose. However, there's really lots of other worse-fitting masks out there so it wasn't too bad overall.

The smell of honey is fairly overwhelming but I enjoy the smell of honey so this wasn't too unpleasant. There was enough essence in it for me to smear the extra on my neck and legs and the texture of the essence was fairly waterly. The mask is actually just a paper mask (According to their ebay description). 


Performance



The royal Jelly Eco Mask Sheet is supposed to contain royal jelly, which is effective in nutrition supply, moisturizing, providing plentiful vitamins to dry skin. It also helps to make your face silky, clean and moisturized. The galactomyces ferment filtrate in the mask claims to help improve skin cell reproduction, elasticity, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and whitening.


  • It pains me to admit the mask wasn't absolutely horrible. It wasn't really good either though. First off, they sealed this mask on the outer edge of the packaging, so I had to cut this with scissors to get it out, which is just stupid. It was pleasant enough to have on though and was still wet when I took this off 30 minute later. My skin was very moisturized, which is a nice change from the #skinfood masks I've been using for the past few days. Unfortunately, it also left my skin with a sticky residue that I dislike. I layered a moisturizer over this and that helped. I'm taking off points for the bad packaging and the fact that it left a sticky residue. It wasn't a completely horribel mask, but it's not something I would pay for either. 

  • Price: NA
    (received from Hermo)
    Verdict: 6/10
    Repurchase: No

  • I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
    And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment