Saturday, December 3, 2016

[Review] Demeter x Moomi Cushion Perfume: Icelandic Aurora Scent

Price: NA
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: No.

Price & Shop


I won this from 0.8L Malaysia's instagram share and win contest and like last time with the Innisfree Clay Mask that I won, I received it within a month of winning.  I reviewed it briefly on my instagram account too. :) You can also buy this from ebay for about $24... which is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. 

Demeter is a fragrance company that specializes in unique scents. It's original mission was to capture the beautiful smells of the garden and nature in wearable form, with fragrances such as Dirt, Grass, And Tomato. They've since gotten waaaay side-tracked with fragrances like sweet baby (one of the refill packs given), pizza, play-doh, and clean soap (anothe refill pack). They're now known for their catalog of unexpected and interesting scents. Who would like to smell like play-doh? D= 

Directions


I couldn't find the ingredients of the cushion, but they do promise to keep all fragrances completely natural. The brand also doesn't use artificial color of parabens. 

There were no instructions with the cushion perfume, but it wasn't exactly rocket science. Basically, you just dab the tiny cushion on the cushion and transfer the perfume to your hand or neck or basically whereever you wanted to smell nice (wink?). These are good for touchups and are non-intrusive as compared to touching up spray perfumes. 

Packaging, Fragrance & Performance

The tiny cushion pack is actually surprisingly sturdy. The cushion puff is inside the pact and is seperate from the cushion, which soaked up 2.5g of product. The mini cushion puff is so tiny that I worry about dropping it accidentally and breaking my heart in the process because it's so cute and how am I supposed to replace such cuteness? T.T Actually, that's a valid question. How am I supposed to replace this? 

The fragrance for this Demeter cushion perfume is Icelandic Aurora, which is fresh and cooling. It boasts to be long lasting and cooling with no sticky residue. I tried this on my hand and it's definitely not sticky. The scent is pleasant but as is the fact with most perfumes, my nose stopped picking up the fragrance after a while so I'm not so certain about the long-lasting promise. The scent does fade completely after about three hours though, so maybe it's not  The refill packs are clean soap, baby powder, fuzzy navel, white musk, and sweet baby respectively and it looks to be 2.5g of product per refill pack. I suppose once this fragrance is used up, I have to wash everything and refill the pack with a different fragrance. Cool. ^^ 

I've never heard of cushion perfumes before and I was super intrigued by this. It turned out to be very simple and just soo.... unnecessary really. Why in the world would anyone need a cushion perfume? Other than for novelty and cuteness factor of course, and this is really super cute.

 Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Super adorable packaging
  • Fresh, pleasant scent
  • Convenient for travelling (and okay for airplane travel since it's not a spray perfume).
Cons
  • Very little product (2.5g will not last you long at all)
  • It's super small, so chances of dropping the puff is quite high. T.T 
  • Expensive
Price: NA
Verdict: 9/10
Repurchase: No.


I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

2 comments:

  1. This cushion looks lovely, i would buy it even only for the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There might some different approaches according to place or knowledge. Your skills depends on how you got an opportunity and where you have trained. Personal or professional training might distinguish between each other.
    สเปรย์ รองเท้า

    ReplyDelete