Sunday, December 18, 2016

[Review] LS Cosmetic Premium Oriental Herbal Mask Pack: Chaga Mushroom Mask Pack & Agaricus Mask Pack

Price: RM20 for 16 pieces
(About $4.50)
Verdict: 4/10 for Chaga, 7/10 for Agaricus
Repurchase: No

Price & Shop

I purchased these sheet masks from Iqueen's shop in Shopee mainly because Iqueen.my ships by weight to Sarawak regardless of how much I purchase whereas Shopee gets me free shipping for purchases RM25 and above. It's a no-brainer, really. 

Shipping via Iqueen's Shopee store is spectacular. It took about two days to arrive, which is awesome. The price seems to have gone up to RM28.98 now, which I think might have something to do with the expiry date no longer being February of next year. The reason I got my masks for so cheap was probably (100%) because it was expiring within 3 months of purchase. XD Still, these masks were super cute and super cheap, so I don't regret the purchase. I kinda knew there was a 'buuuut' somewhere when shopee sold 8 of these masks for only RM10 since I've seen these on Guardian stores for about RM8 per piece (I think?). 

Fit & Ingredients


The fit of both masks were identically decent. The material of the mask clings nicely to my skin for a good 30 minutes. They're both somewhat tea-stained though (a little yellow-brownish?) which was worrying for me in the beginning, but I realized that it's just the essense. Speaking of which, the essense is a little slimy and gel-like, which I prefer to dripping, watery essenses. 

Ingredients for Chaga Mushroom Mask Pack (From Shopee): 
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Alcohol, Inonotus Obliquus (Mushroom) Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Angelica Dahurica Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Panthenol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Carbomer, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Flavor

Inonotus Obliquus (Mushroom) Extract an antacid while adenosine is good for wrinkle-care, according to the back of the mask. Popylparaben registered a 7 on safety on cosdna but everything else seems fine. 


Ingredients for Agaricus Mask Pack

Oddly enough, there's no ingredients on this mask pack. I couldn't find ingredients online either, but I found that beautius stocks it for $3.30 per piece and they highlighted the efficacy of agaricus:


Agaricus Blazeii Extract improve your skin elasticity.  Lessen skin irritants and supply moisture help your skin more beautiful. Beta-glucan, polylsaccharide in agaricus mushrooms, creates interferon which activates immune cells in the human body. It not only activates cells but also affects the digestive organs and the endocrine system, with excellent effects to treat different types of dermatitis.
Sounds magical! Also, @.@ so expensive!

Performance For Chaga Mushroom Mask Pack

The Chaga Mushroom anti-wrinkle Effect masks deals with wrinkles with anti-oxidant, chaga extract and adenosisne to keep skin healthy. The mask has a pretty heavy scent that was... confusing. It's perfumy I suppose, but not in a mushroomy or nice way. 

I only used one of these because I acutally bought this mostly for my mom. I tried one in order to review it and it ended up being a bad decision. My skin doesn't really like this. Instead of calming my skin, it made my breakouts angrier and my cc's even larger. I can't be certain, but it might've caused a few cc's on it's own, which is disappointing. I'm not quite sure what's causing cc's on my skin, but I have a suspicion it's actually niacinamide. 😢My mom really enjoys this though and since it's aimed for wrinkles, it's probbaly not for my skin anyways! 


Performance For Agaricus Mask Pack


The Agaricus Mask Pack aims to improve skin elasticity and lessen skin irritants as well as supply moisture. The scent for this mask is so much more tolerable. In fact, it's pretty negligible. The essense and mask material is identical, even down to the tea-stained color of the mask. 

Thankfully, this sheet mask is definitely better for me compared to the Chaga. It was hydrating and cooling with a slight calming effect on my breakouts. In terms of plumping and moisturising, it's just... meh. Both essenses didn't dry sticky though, which is a plus for it. Unfortunately, it didn't really awe me as much as I had hoped. 

I got these masks mostly because of the packaging and I don't really regret the purchases. It makes me happy everytime I take one out to use. ^^ I won't be repurchasing any more of these LS Cosmetic Masks to try though, since it really doesn't have much going for it apart from the gorgeous packaing and that's satisfied for me. ^^

Price: RM20 for 16 pieces
(About $4.50)
Verdict: 4/10 for Chaga, 7/10 for Agaricus
Repurchase: No

I also do quick, short reviews on my instagram so if you're up for it, do follow me here too! :D https://www.instagram.com/peachy_amy/
And Like my Facebook page? :D https://www.facebook.com/MalaysianBeautyHaul/

No comments:

Post a Comment